Wednesday, September 5, 2012

That's a wrap

Has anyone started thinking about Christmas yet? I have, but then again I have Christmas on my brain all year long. I usually shop clearance and sales all year so that when the holiday season rolls around I don't have to fight the crowds. Only this year I am stumped as to what to get our oldest. She will be just shy of 9, but acts like she is a teenager. So yesterday I asked around to see what parents of tween/pre teens had planned to get their kids. Some of the responses I got were
  • Monster High Dolls
  • American Girl Doll
  • ipod
  • tv
  • dvd/blu ray player
  • clothes/shoes
Shaun and I had discussed getting her an ipod and docking station since the girl loves music. We both agreed that if we did get her those items she would get a couple smaller things and we would call it a day. While reading everyone's ideas one friend said that in their family they do 4 gifts, something they want, something they need, something to read, and something to wear. Now I come from a family who has HUGE Christmases and I have continued that tradition with our own kids. After reading that it was like a light bulb went off in my head. Last year they didn't even play with lots of the things they got. So while we will still most likely do more than 4 gifts we plan to keep it a lot more low key than the previous years. Yesterday was the last day Safeway had milk on sale so Kiley and I headed out to pick some up. During our drive there I asked her what she would like for Christmas. She told me she had 3 wishes and they went as followed
  1.  Tickets to see Katy Perry in concert (told you she thought she was a teen)
  2. Justin Bieber doll
  3. A camera (not a baby camera...in her words)
I couldn't believe she didn't ask for an ipod. Like seriously! So being the mom that I am as soon as she went to bed I hopped on good ol Google and tried to see if Katy Perry would be playing anywhere near us in paradise. No dice. So then I started researching cameras. Kiley is very girly so of course I started out looking at pink cameras and came across this beauty. I think it is the perfect one! It is pink, decent megapixels, and even waterproof up to 10 feet. I honestly don't think she will be taking it snorkeling or anything, but I like the fact that if she saw something cool near the water and it got wet it wouldn't be ruined. Let's face it the price ain't half bad either. Her birthday is right after Christmas so maybe we will hold onto the ipod idea for that. As for Sam I already knew what he wanted. 
  1. Cars
  2. DS
  3. DS games
Little does he know he should be getting a DS for his birthday next month. The cars are a no brainer. Whenever any asks what he wants that is my go to answer. They are always a hit with him even after all these years.  

Today has been a pretty stressful day. As I mentioned in my introduction post my son has Autism. He started receiving ABA therapy from a local company at the end of last school year. Well it has been one thing after another with them. The first therapist they sent to evaluate him made a comment she never should have and we almost stopped dealing with the company right then and there. The head therapist contacted us, apologized, and offered to take over Sam's case. We met with her and she seemed great. He was assigned two tutors and they were great as well. We went on vacation, school started, and it seemed like since then they just couldn't get their act together. One tutor cancelled on us multiple times (including today) due to issues with child care. She actually ended up leaving the company to stay home with her kids which I applaud. She came last week to speak with Sam about how she would no longer be working with him and assured him she would meet with him two more times before he wouldn't see her again. About 45 minutes before she was due to come today she text me saying she needed to cancel and I had to be the bearer of bad news when I picked Sam up. He just doesn't get why they are supposed to come and don't even if I explain they are sick or had no babysitter for their kids. For me that was the last straw. I called my husband and we had a lengthy talk and decided that it was best for Sam to stop receiving therapy from this company. We will just start back up with the new company in Hawaii. We just overall haven't had a great experience nor have we seen any change in Sam so we decided it was time to wrap it up. Our move is just weeks away and we are about to go into overdrive so it is best for everyone involved. 

I can't believe this week is almost over! Hopefully the remainder of this week will be peaceful. We have plans to go to Lowes this weekend with the kids. If you have never done the build and grow clinic check it out. It is free, it is a great experience, and my kids love having something they built! We also have to make a stop by Goodwill to drop off a donation. The purging of our house is a never ending saga. Until next time....

Peace & Love,
Mrs. C

No comments:

Post a Comment